Dr. (Barr.) AbokiZhawa is an astute administrator, a legal luminary, educationist & politician. A great mobilizer and politician, a true Ambassador of Peace.An ardent lover and supporter of sports with penchant for Youths Development. Minister of GOD. A true and patriotic Nigerian who has served his country with integrity at various stages of national and international engagements. Diligent, modest, accommodating,disciplined &dedicated.
Dr. (Barr.)AbokiZhawa attended SIM/ECWA Junior Primary School, Rubochi for his Junior Primary School education, between 1959 and 1962 and SIM/ ECWA Senior Primary School Yerwa for his Senior Primary School education, between 1963 and 1965. He also attended Government Teachers' College, Keffi, where he obtained Higher Elementary Grade Two Certificate in 1970. He proceeded to the SIM/ECWA Theological Seminary,Igbaja and obtained Bachelor of Theology degree in 1974 as well as Gordon Cornwell Theological Seminary, USA for his Master’s Degree programme in Theological Studies,between 1975 and 1976 and to the Salem State College, USA to obtain Master’s Degree in School Administration in 1977. He also attended the University of Jos for his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Administration and Planning in 1984. He enrolled at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and obtained another Master’s Degree in Public Administration in 1988.
Dr. Aboki, in his quest for knowledge, proceeded to the University of Abuja for his Law Degree and graduated with Second Class (Upper Division) in 2001.
Dr. Aboki is an Astute Administrator, Educationist, Politician, Leader and Conflict Resolution Arbitration.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Management (MNIM).
- Honorary Fellow, Institute of Chartered Trustees of Nigeria (FICTN)
- Fellow, Institute of Management and Administrators of Nigeria (FIMEAN)
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Dr. Aboki has bagged several awards. They include:
- Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON) - President, Commander-in- Chief of the Armed Forces,
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR (2002).
- Appreciation Award for the successful hosting of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting National Taskforce Abuja (CHOGM), December 2003, in recognition of his selfless contribution to the CHOGM Event.
- Letter of Commendation by the Chief of General Staff (CGS) in December 1997 for
Excellent Performance in the Settlement of Boundary Matters.
- Certificate of Appreciation by the President, Commander-in- Chief of the Armed Forces, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR in December 2003 -Appreciation for selfless Contribution Towards Successful Hosting of Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM).
- National Development Gold Awards - Hallmark Transparent Leadership Initiative - In recognition of the Exemplary Leadership Qualities and Transparent Antecedents in Public Service.
- Honorary Award for Excellence - North Central State Association of Nigeria November 2009 - In Recognition of his Enormous Contributions to Youth Empowerment, Educational Development, Love for the Poor, Less Privileged, Humanitarian Service and Nation Building.
- African Meritorious Service Award, African International Media Organisation (AIMO) - November 2010- For Good Conduct.
- Best Couple of the Year Award - Fountain Counseling Services (FOCOS) & National Council of Women Societies (NCWS) in November 1999.
- Excellence in Service Award - Yar'Adua/Jonathan Solidarity Forum Home and Broad (YJSFHA). June 2008.
- Directors Award - Federal Capital Territory Sports Council in Recognition of his Contributions to Sports Development in FCT.
- Youth Ambassador for Peace Award - Youth Federation for World Peace November 2008 - In Recognition of his contributionsTowards the Promotion of Peace and for Living an Exemplary Life.
- Abuja Special Award - Federal Capital Territory Administration November 2013 - In Recognition of his Contributions to the Development of the Federal Capital Territory for Abuja @ 30 Celebration.
- Pillars Awards for Excellence - UNIJOS Alumni Association, Abuja Branch in September 2002. In Recognition of his contributions to the Development of the Federal Capital Territory.
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE & CAUSES
- Grand Patron, Boys Brigade, Abuja Chapter (January 1959 – Date);
- Civil Rights and Social Action-Mentoring and Modeling lives positively;
- Dr. Aboki cares about Education, Politics and Social Services.